#119: Who’s your dadada?
About This Episode
- Major Hayden has a new SELinux t-shirt!
- HT @PetrosinoKyle: Cyborg locusts could play an important role in national security
- Human remote control (not cockroaches this time): A YouTuber’s Goofy Helmet Lets You Operate a Human Like a Remote-Controlled Car
- American Airlines’ Rewards Will Be Based On Ticket Price, Not Miles
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Twitter and Pinterest password was ‘dadada’
- @Deray’s Twitter Hack Reminds Us Even Two-Factor Isn’t Enough
- Be warned, there’s a nasty Google 2 factor auth attack going around
- Google enables new two-step ‘prompt’ log-in verification from your phone
- KeePass Vulnerability Could Let Attackers Steal Your Passwords With Shady Updates
- KeePass responds
- D&G Term of the Week: Typosquatting… How a college student tricked 17k coders into running his sketchy script
- This segment sponsored by Ansible: Coder fired after 6 years for automating his job
- Speaking of robots, rise of the robot lawyers: This chatbot appeals parking tickets and wins 60 percent of the time
- DevNation Federal on July 28!
- D&G Product Marketing 101: Sears Expanding DieHard Brand With Foray Into The Car Tire Business
Cutting Room Floor
- Making an Edible Virtual Reality Viewer for Your Phone
- Web App Reveals How Misleading Maps Really Are
- “Wonderful fenced community”: An Entire West Virginia Town That Was Formerly a Spy Base Is for Sale
- Stephen King’s The Shining Is Now an Opera, and The Tickets Are All Sold Out
- CERN Animal Shelter for Computer Mice
- Highlights From The Online Knitting Reference Library 1849 to 2012
- Historical Dandies: British Cigarette Cards (1932)
- This paparazzi-proof scarf is the closest thing to an invisibility cloak
- Webaround: a 52″ Webcam Background
- Fake fingerprints: The latest tactic for protecting privacy
- The day we discovered our parents were Russian spies
We Give Thanks
- The D&G Show Slack Clubhouse for the discussion topics!
- Kyle Petrosino for giving us new ways to turn insects into cyborgs!