#33: Beard Phone
About This Episode
- badBIOS disputed
- Cloud to Butt 2.0: xkcd substitutions Chrome extension
- Risk Walking Dead Survival Edition
- Gunnar is enjoying his Nexus 5 and its inability to receive email using client certificates
- Protect your Android phone by getting rid of its crapware
- Power Plants and Other Vital Systems Are Totally Exposed on the Internet
- Google aims to replace car dashboard buttons with Minority Report hand gestures
- Frenzy Is a Private, Dropbox-Powered Social Network
- A Red Hat Solutions Architect Manager We Like: Adam Clater because he tells us about OwnCloud on OpenShift
- Red Hat Government Symposium was outstanding. A bunch of great announcements from CFPB, DOE, and ODNI!
- D&G Show video edition!
- Red Hat Summit CFP extended to November 19 for customers and partners
- Red Hat Innovation Awards nominations open until December 13
- Dave will be at Supercomputing 2013 November 17-22
- Gunnar will be at
- Word of the Week: “Warrant Canary”
- Apple just used one.
- How to mostly dial with Google Voice with a correct call log for later Hadoop analysis
- 10 Tips for an Awesome Coffee Meeting
Cutting Room Floor
- HT Noel Weichbrodt: More hipster than you: the carbon-fiber penny farthing
- Why we should get rid of Daylight Savings Time
- The most terrifying reading of Goodnight Moon you’ll ever hear
- Grave markers embedded in airport runway
- Nine worst doctored photos of Chinese officials
We Give Thanks
- Adam Clater for guest starring!
- Gunnar’s mom for teaching us about warrant canaries