#99: Tufte Stamp
About This Episode
- Hundreds of Legitimate iOS Apps Infected by Malware, Removed From App Store
- Car Hack Technique Uses Dealerships to Spread Malware
- A TV Show D&G May Like: Hunted
- Bitcoin Is Officially a Commodity
- Flex = Amazon’s Uber-ization of package delivery
- Peeple = Yelp for people, whether you want it or not
- Dave on The Open Organization Twitter chat on October 8!
- HT Mark Hilburger: Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President and the Cybersecurity Coordinator, says “north of 80 percent” of intrusions rely on “known, fixable vulnerabilities.”
- One third of DOD sw vulnerabilities come from security software
- Remember EATR, the Military Robot That Was Supposed to Eat Humans?
Cutting Room Floor
- Years you have left to live, probably.
- Another abandoned amusement park by Dave’s house: Geauga Lake closed 8 years ago; new aerial video of the abandoned park surfaces
- 17 Computer-Generated Hipster Baby Names No One Else Has Yet
- The Keyboard Waffle Iron
- Obvious Plant: Enjoyable, credible fake reviews and helpful hints
- A New Caption That Works for Every New Yorker Cartoon: “Hi, I’d like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.”
- Behold: The Ultimate Crowdsourced Map of Punny Businesses in America
- Trump endorses Red Hat.
- WWII scout plane trumps F-35
- `traceroute bad.horse`
- 3D printing like a Terminator (again) (h/t matt.micene)
We Give Thanks
- Mark Hilburger for the security alert!
- D&G Show Slack Clubhouse for the discussion topics!