- Dave finds out CatSip is a thing, and wasn’t what he purchased
- One more reason to increase VTC use: Marriott and Hilton Announce Penalty for Last-Minute Cancellations
- The winner is: Google Music, mostly because of Chromecast. That’s how they get ya. Spotify account deleted, because I’m not buying new hardware.
- Videoconferencing is broken, but Firefox now includes well-packaged WebRTC for real
- Konklone says: get yourself a hard token
- BitCoin: not super anonymous if you’ve got €1500, turns out
- Amnesty International launches Detekt, which looks for surveillance software on your computer
- Smartphones are broken. Phones from 3rd tier vendors come with “Deathring” built right in
- “The Product Is You”: Social Media Edition
- Twitter’s taking an inventory of your running apps for advertising purposes. Opt out.
- The Photos You Post Online With a Product Could Be Used By Marketers
- Social Media Bots Offer Phony Friends and Real Profit
- USPTO DevOps Meetup January 14th, Alexandria, VA, starring Etsy
- New Red Hat Security Site
- Let’s talk about procurement from Paul Brubaker of VMware
- Forge.mil goes down. Did anyone notice?
- DevOps Cafe podcast. If you haven’t heard it yet, it’s worth hearing. Even if you don’t care about DevOps. Especially:
- Economic failures of https
- Maker Culture is a kind of chauvinism. Gunnar’s convinced.
Cutting Room Floor
- For Uzoma: Breakmaster Cylinder drops Lakshmi Singh
- Welcome to the delightful subculture of Lego Album Covers
- The most thorough dissection of “Alien”’s design and typography you could possibly hope for
- CIA Admits Role In 1985 Coup To Oust David Lee Roth: “The last thing we wanted was to have another ‘Panama’ on our hands”
- Docker on Raspberry Pi
9-Factor Auth: something you have, something you know, something you are, something you desire, something you fear, something from deep insi
— Parker Higgins (@xor) November 18, 2014
a kid in this coding class said “you use the hashtag key to add a comment” and i set myself on fire so that's basically why i'm on fire
— Andrew Dupont (@andrewdupont) July 26, 2014
We Give Thanks