#18: Jason Hibbets pries open Raleigh.
June 25th, 2013
57 mins 20 secs
About this Episode
Dave’s off on a motorcycle or something, so this week, Jason “Open Government Machine” Hibbets and Gunnar talk about CityCamp, Code for America, civic innovation, and (of course) Jason’s new book.
- Red Hat official history
- Red Hat Customer Portal
- Red Hat Magazine: still up!
- City Camp
- Transparency Camp
- Barcamp rules
- Raleigh is open by default.
- The tweet from Bonner that started it all
- City Camp NC
- Kevin Curry
- Gunnar’s Hawaii Tips
- Code for america
- CfA brigades
- Foundations for an Open Source City, Jason’s book
- Creative Commons
- The 5 pillars/elements/foundational whatevers:
- Fostering a culture of citizen participation
- Having an effective open government policy (see Gunnar’s “open source policy that’s better without open source post)
- Having an effective open data initiative, which means things like NYC’s Checkbook 2.0
- Promoting open source user groups and conferences
- Being a hub for innovation and open source businesses