#31: Pizza Hat
October 29th, 2013
36 mins 37 secs
About this Episode
This week, Dave and Gunnar talk about: turning people into products, patches into pounds and pence, protecting poultry, priorities, primary patchers on projects, and PDFs into poison.
- Gunnar: There’s an app for that
- HT @CampCatastrophe: Deep Brain Stimulation implant “about the size of a stopwatch”
- Almost related: LG jumps on the vestibulo-ocular reflex chicken powered steady cam bandwagon
- Not related: Chicken safety vest
- HT Keenan: First Amendment expert Eugene Volokh on Sufficient Speech vs. Facebook
- HT Matt Micene: If you use Google services, you could become an ad next month
- Step 1: Opt out here
- Step 2: Enable Adblock Plus or Adblock Edge
- Moral of the story: don’t get Scroogled. At least Microsoft isn’t doing creepy tracking. Oh wait, never mind.
- LinkedIn makes hacker’s dreams come true
- State Decoded has the SCAP Security Guide baked in!
- HT Mil-OSS: Google Offers New Bounty Program For Securing Open-Source Software
- News Flash: Oracle Still Hates Open Source Software
- Mil-OSS weighs in
- Nominations Now Open for 2014 Red Hat Innovation Awards
- Red Hat Summit Call for Proposals closes November 5
- Red Hat Government Symposium is on for November 6!
- JBoss Day in Austin on November 12
- C5ISR Summit in Charleston on November 13
- Alamo ACE (AFCEA) in San Antonio on November 19
- Cantas = open source Trello
- Matt Micene and Dave celebrate National Cybersecurity Awareness Month with a blog post
- RHEL 5.9 to 5.10 risk report
- RIP acroread
- OpenStack Havana is out!
- RHEV 3.3 beta has OpenStack goodness too
- HT Yasir Syeed: OpenStack threatens Paas?
- Customers and partners we like
- The Eisenhower Matrix
- The Ten Most Expensive Vehicles To Operate
Cutting Room Floor
- Pizza Hat
- HUD for your car
- Raspberry Pi internet controlled whoopie cushion
- Build your own Arduino powered Enigma machine
- Open source HTML5 Full Screen Mario
- (Securely?) Boot to Zork using UEFI
- A Klingon Christmas Carol performed in the original Klingon with English supertitles and narrative analysis from the Vulcan Institute of Cultural Anthropology
- Jim Henson’s Muppet Computer from 1963
- The scientific proof why Dave is addicted to Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 27 Actors Who Got Their Starts on Miami Vice
We Give Thanks
- @CampCatastrophe, Keenan, Matt Micene, Mil-OSS, and Yasir Syeed for encouraging us by giving us items to discuss!