September 20th, 2022
44 mins 21 secs
About this Episode
This week Dave talks with Mike Bursell and Nathaniel McCallum about confidential computing!
- Check out Mike on D&G 201 from 2020!
- Red Hat
- McCallum-Relyea exchange
- Trusted computing
- Confidential computing – the new HTTPS?
- Confidential Computing Consortium
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Trusted Execution Environment (TEE)
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Intel SGX
- AMD SEV
- AWS Nitro System
- What is attestation for Confidential Computing?
- Bytecode Alliance
- Secure multi-party computation
- Privacy-Enhancing Technologies (PET)
- Homomorphic encryption
- Functional equivalence and formal equivalence checking
- What is a Linux Container?
- Functions as a Service
- Reproducible builds
- Trusted Computing Base (TCB)
- Confidential Computing: try it now, for free
- Bell–LaPadula model
- NVIDIA Confidential Computing
- U.S. and U.K. Launch Innovation Prize Challenges in Privacy-Enhancing Technologies to Tackle Financial Crime and Public Health Emergencies
- Advancing a Vision for Privacy-Enhancing Technologies
- Accelerating the adoption and development of privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs)
- Trust in Computer Systems and the Cloud
We Give Thanks
- Mike Bursell and Nathaniel McCallum for joining us on the show!
- Jen Wike Huger for connecting the dots!