November 6th, 2013
53 mins 55 secs
About this Episode
This week, Dave and Gunnar talk about alien invasion, BIOS invasion, privacy invasion, and invasion of common sense at FAA.
- History of Rome is amazing. Check out Revolutions!
- Gunnar bait of the other week, part 2
- Deep Brain Stimulation stimulator goes somewhere other than your head and the leads go in your brain — don’t let some fly by night surgeon tell you otherwise
- Remember the Milk is forgetting to Remember the Customers:
Andrew @ Remember The Milk OCT 29, 2013 | 08:56PM EDT Hi Gunnar, Thanks for your feedback! I'll make sure that the development team gets your thoughts for review. Feedback is very important to us, and we review feature requests on a regular basis as we work to improve Remember The Milk. If you're interested in Remember The Milk news, please keep an eye on our blog for any future announcements: http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/ Or, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/rememberthemilk If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
- New FAA Guidelines Permit More Device Use, All The Way From Take-Off To Landing
- Also, TSA pre-crime
- Book of the week: The New Kingmakers: How Developers Conquered the World
- http://resume.github.io can build an objective git-powered resume for any GitHub user
- Re-read Garann Means’ Meritocracy rant
- HT Travis Kepley: Cloud-to-Butt Chrome extension
- HT Kelsey D. Atherton: How We Killed Privacy — in 4 Easy Steps: Stop blaming the NSA. We did this to ourselves.
- War of the Worlds radio broadcast was 75 years ago
- Local (Akron) perspective
- Let’s ask Wikipedia
- Spooky news for Halloween: Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps
- Thoughts on Intel’s upcoming Software Guard Extensions (Part 2)
- Red Hat Summit Call for Proposals closes November 5
- Red Hat Government Symposium is on for November 6!
- JBoss Day in Austin on November 12
- C5ISR Summit in Charleston on November 13
- Alamo ACE (AFCEA) in San Antonio on November 19
- Origin of the word dude
- Deconstructing Led Zeppelin’s Classic Song ‘Ramble On’ Track by Track: Guitars, Bass, Drums & Vocals
Cutting Room Floor
- Baby Carrots: A BAG OF LIES
- How Reid Hoffman pitched LinkedIn, an annotated deck
- AT&T Corporate. Video about. UNIX.
- 19th century 9 lb multitool with pistol
We Give Thanks
- Matt Micene as usual
- Travis Kepley
- Shawn Wells, for being the AV guy
- Jennifer of US Airways for carrying Dave’s library book through the airport