Dave talked with Linda Wang, Senior Software Engineering Manager with Red Hat. Her team handles memory management, scheduling, kdump, and all that gnarly low-level stuff. Learn how kpatch was created because of a missed conference call, and get some tips from Linda on how to participate in kernel development.
- We’re adding Snappy compression in the kernel
- How containers are supported by kernel namespace, control groups, systemd, and SELinux – and why Docker is a big deal.
- Linda missed a conference call, so now we’re supporting kpatch. She did a whole session on it.
- Check out the RHEL Roadmap session
- Auto NUMA balancing
- Get the RHEL 7 Release Candidate!