Soren would like to apologize for screaming bloody murder for the duration of this episode.
- Gunnar’s presentation au Quebec, mais pas en français.
- Dave enjoys Hard Core History on the Silver Line
- SELinux labeled NFS is super easy to configure on RHEL 7
- HT Matt Micene:
Catching up on the podcast, your missing Indonesian coffee animal is the Civet Cat. There’s a huge deal around “sustainable” and cruelty free gathering of scat…
- HT Erich Morisse:
Your show got me thinking of my long neglected Yahoo! email account, and I wanted to see if there was any signal buried in the years of neglected spam. On a whim, I tried regex figuring most real people would have their name as Firstname\sLastname. By gum! It worked:
from:"^[^/s]* [^/s]*$" -in:trash
Worst part: Nope, no signal in the noise. (see pie chart)
- Ripe for disruption: The unstoppable TI-84 Plus: How an outdated calculator still holds a monopoly on classrooms
- Life imitating art: Facebook — for rich people (for just $9,000)
- Let’s recall Metcalfe’s law
- Related: New App Matches You With Others In Vicinity Who Wasted $2.99 On Same App
- USSS to check visitor blocks before they arrive at the White House
- Lauren is Code.org’s Student of the Week!
- Gunnar will be at Code for America 2014 in San Francisco September 23-25, NASCIO 2014 in Nashville September 28 to October 1, and the Red Hat Forum in Washington DC October 23
- RHEL 5.11 Risk Report
- Red Hat welcomes FeedHenry!
- Red Hat Cloud for Government launched
- A Partner We Like: Autonomic’s ARCWRX Solution is Ready to Fill PaaS Void After DISA STAX Sunset
- Another Partner We Like Just as Much: Booz Allen Hamilton and Red Hat have teamed up to host the ManageIQ Design Summit October 7-8
- D&G Job Title of the Week: Chaos Commander
- Gunnar did housekeeping this week
Cutting Room Floor
- Prosthetic anti-surveillance face
- Goodnight, Dune
- George Mason University’s Green Machine pep band rages against the machine
- Hamster wheel standing desk
- Metástasis con Walter Blanco
- The Suitsy: The business suit onesie hybrid (“It’s like if a jumpsuit and a business suit had a lovechild.”)
We Give Thanks